HBase >> mail # user >> status of bin/rename_table.rb

Re: status of bin/rename_table.rb
On Mon, Oct 15, 2012 at 8:25 AM, Norbert Burger
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Does anyone have a good working process for renaming tables?  From the
> links below, I gather that the bin/rename_table.rb (last included in
> 0.90.x) had a few issues.
>
> http://search-hadoop.com/m/TVnYN1OEdOT/Hbase%253A+Table+rename&subj=renaming+table
> http://search-hadoop.com/m/uAfm51RZCl42/Hbase%253A+Table+rename&subj=Hbase+Table+rename
>
> I tried rename_table.rb a few times with some of our larger tables and
> did have some issues with .META., but it's not clear to me if these
> issues were caused by rename_table or not.

The script has gone stale.  It is removed in trunk and should have
probably been removed earlier.

That said, its pretty basic what it does.  What sort of issues are you
seeing?  Does running disable/enable help?

St.Ack