HBase >> mail # dev >> HLogSplit error with hadoop-2.0.3-alpha and hbase trunk

+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-05-06, 11:26
Re: HLogSplit error with hadoop-2.0.3-alpha and hbase trunk
1) Is there a cause- stack?
2) Can you ascertain if WAL is truncated at that place? Exception type
might have changed/exception might have expanded between Hadoop 1 and 2;
WAL replay should ignore EOF, so if this is a EOF problem then this would
be easy to correct, if it's something more serious then it's bad.
I will add some logging/catching around to add cause (if missing) and
useful logs.

On Mon, May 6, 2013 at 4:26 AM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> I am getting the following error when i run Trunk with hadop-2.0.3.
> java.io.IOException: Failed read of int length 2
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.KeyValue.iscreate(KeyValue.java:3002)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.codec.KeyValueCodec$KeyValueDecoder.parseCell(KeyValueCodec.java:66)
> at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.codec.BaseDecoder.advance(BaseDecoder.java:41)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.WALEdit.readFromCells(WALEdit.java:199)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.ProtobufLogReader.readNext(ProtobufLogReader.java:137)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.ReaderBase.next(ReaderBase.java:88)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.ReaderBase.next(ReaderBase.java:75)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogSplitter.getNextLogLine(HLogSplitter.java:775)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogSplitter.splitLogFile(HLogSplitter.java:459)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.HLogSplitter.splitLogFile(HLogSplitter.java:388)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.SplitLogWorker$1.exec(SplitLogWorker.java:115)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.SplitLogWorker.grabTask(SplitLogWorker.java:278)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.SplitLogWorker.taskLoop(SplitLogWorker.java:199)
> at
>
> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.SplitLogWorker.run(SplitLogWorker.java:166)
>
> Am able to reproduce this with the cluster but not with the testcases even
> when i run with 2.0.3.
>
> Regards
> Ram

+