Hive, mail # user - Newbie - Hive Tutorial question, what format is the sample data file in?

+
David Swearingen 2012-09-01, 11:52
Re: Newbie - Hive Tutorial question, what format is the sample data file in?
Edward Capriolo 2012-09-01, 13:37
I do not think their is a sample file. You can tell the format by
create table statement.

COMMENT 'This is the staging page view table'
    ROW FORMAT DELIMITED FIELDS TERMINATED BY '44' LINES TERMINATED BY '12'
    STORED AS TEXTFILE
    LOCATION '/user/data/staging/page_view';
http://www.asciitable.com/

12 is a '\n' and 44 is a ','. Since the format is TEXTFILE integers
are serialized into strings.

On Sat, Sep 1, 2012 at 7:52 AM, David Swearingen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I'm going through the tutorial at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/tutorial.html .  It's not clear to me what the
> exact format of the log file would be for the sample queries described eg at
> https://cwiki.apache.org/Hive/tutorial.html#Tutorial-LoadingData  I can't
> find a link to download such a file and while I'd be happy to construct one
> myself it's not clear to me what a viewTime of type INT would look like
> exactly.  Perhaps the file conforms to standard web server logfile formats
> however there are I believe a couple of variants on that format.
>
> Am I missing something?  Thanks.
+
David Swearingen 2012-09-01, 14:33
+