HBase >> mail # dev >> Protobuf change to 2.5

+
Anoop John 2013-08-21, 13:29
+
Stack 2013-08-21, 16:34
+
Anoop John 2013-08-21, 16:45
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-08-21, 18:53
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-08-21, 13:40
Re: Protobuf change to 2.5
Am also getting this when I try to run the testcases with hadoop 2.0.4-alpha
<testcase time="0.017"
classname="org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestGlobalMemStoreSize"
name="testGlobalMemStore">
    <error message="This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses."
type="java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException">java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.
        at
com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessage.getUnknownFields(GeneratedMessage.java:180)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$GetDatanodeReportRequestProto.getSerializedSize(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:21566)
        at
com.google.protobuf.AbstractMessageLite.toByteString(AbstractMessageLite.java:49)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.constructRpcRequest(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:149)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:193)
        at $Proxy13.getDatanodeReport(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:164)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:83)
        at $Proxy13.getDatanodeReport(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.getDatanodeReport(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:514)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.datanodeReport(DFSClient.java:1984)

Most of the testcases are failing with this.  I tried to compile the Proto
file using 2.5 and then applied the patch and am trying to run the
testsuite.
On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 7:10 PM, ramkrishna vasudevan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes I think it is missed.  Compiling the Cell.proto file with 2.5 and
> creaing the protos file makes the compilation successful.
>

> On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Anoop John <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I am getting the error like below when doing compile
>>  [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>> [ERROR] COMPILATION ERROR :
>> [INFO] -------------------------------------------------------------
>> [ERROR] C:\Code\HBase\hbase-protocol\src\main\java\org\apach
>> e\hadoop\hbase\protobuf\generated\ClientProtos.java:[2748,100] cannot find
>> symbo
>> symbol : variable PARSER
>> location: class org.apache.hadoop.hbase.protobuf.generated.CellProtos.Cell
>>
>> We need to recompile the proto generated files and checkin.  This is
>> missed?
>>
>> -Anoop-

+
Stack 2013-08-21, 16:32