HBase >> mail # dev >> Protobuf change to 2.5

Re: Protobuf change to 2.5
Am also getting this when I try to run the testcases with hadoop 2.0.4-alpha
<testcase time="0.017"
classname="org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestGlobalMemStoreSize"
name="testGlobalMemStore">
    <error message="This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses."
type="java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException">java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException:
This is supposed to be overridden by subclasses.
        at
com.google.protobuf.GeneratedMessage.getUnknownFields(GeneratedMessage.java:180)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocol.proto.ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos$GetDatanodeReportRequestProto.getSerializedSize(ClientNamenodeProtocolProtos.java:21566)
        at
com.google.protobuf.AbstractMessageLite.toByteString(AbstractMessageLite.java:49)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.constructRpcRequest(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:149)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.ipc.ProtobufRpcEngine$Invoker.invoke(ProtobufRpcEngine.java:193)
        at $Proxy13.getDatanodeReport(Unknown Source)
        at
        at
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invokeMethod(RetryInvocationHandler.java:164)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.io.retry.RetryInvocationHandler.invoke(RetryInvocationHandler.java:83)
        at $Proxy13.getDatanodeReport(Unknown Source)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.protocolPB.ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.getDatanodeReport(ClientNamenodeProtocolTranslatorPB.java:514)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient.datanodeReport(DFSClient.java:1984)

Most of the testcases are failing with this.  I tried to compile the Proto
file using 2.5 and then applied the patch and am trying to run the
testsuite.