Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Merging 0.23-PB to 0.23

+
Tsz Wo \ 2012-02-23, 00:02
+
Jitendra Pandey 2012-02-23, 05:40
+
Suresh Srinivas 2012-02-23, 05:03
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-02-23, 05:36
+
Eli Collins 2012-03-17, 21:51
+
Todd Papaioannou 2012-03-18, 03:10
+
Aaron T. Myers 2012-03-18, 03:19
+
Todd Papaioannou 2012-03-18, 05:15
+
Arun Murthy 2012-03-19, 01:31
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-03-19, 02:18
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-03-19, 18:25
+
Todd Papaioannou 2012-03-19, 03:25
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2012-03-19, 04:31
Re: [VOTE] Merging 0.23-PB to 0.23
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 08:25PM, Todd Papaioannou wrote:
> On Mar 18, 2012, at 7:18 PM, Roman Shaposhnik wrote:
> > Personally, I'm for branch-3. Regardless of the potential of .22 I'd
> > rather keep a slot for it. Worse case -- we don't have Hadoop 2 ever.
>
> Well, that would just be silly ;)  The whole point of renaming releases was

Bravo! Well formulated and grown up argument at last!

> to present a better face to the rest of the world. I don't think it's going
> to be that fun having to try to explain why there was a Hadoop 1.0 and a
> Hadoop 3.0 but Hadoop 2.0 never came out.
>
> ToddP

+
Tsz Wo Sze 2012-02-23, 20:40