Zookeeper >> mail # user >> very uneven distribution of clients to servers...

+
Brian Tarbox 2012-12-05, 20:27
Re: very uneven distribution of clients to servers...
Did all the clients connect after all the 3 nodes were up and running ? One
reason why you find this uneven distribution is when you restart one of the
zookeeper nodes all the clients reconnect to one of the remaining nodes but
then dont reconnect back to original node when it come back up.

Can you confirm this is not the case?
On Wed, Dec 5, 2012 at 12:27 PM, Brian Tarbox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I have a three node cluster and am getting a very uneven distribution of
> client connections to the servers.
>
> The middle server in the connection string list seems to get a tiny slice
> of the clients. I understand its "random" and so I don't expect perfect
> distribution but I'm seeing very consistent numbers like:
> 12 : 3 : 14 for the connection counts.
>
> I run the zkTop script (excellent!) and so I can see the connection counts
> and I've _never_ seen the middle server get more than a few connections.
>
> If I reorder the server addresses in the connection string its always the
> middle server that gets short changed.
>
> Any suggestions / insights?
>
> Running 3.4.5.
>
> Thanks.