Hadoop >> mail # general >> [RESULT] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5

+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-14, 17:07
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-14, 17:40
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-14, 18:04
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-14, 18:10
+
Chris Douglas 2013-05-14, 18:22
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-14, 18:52
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 07:45
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-15, 09:17
+
Chris Nauroth 2013-05-15, 16:31
+
Matt Foley 2013-05-15, 08:20
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-15, 16:50
+
Suresh Srinivas 2013-05-15, 17:39
+
sanjay Radia 2013-05-15, 04:16
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-15, 01:45
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 05:47
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-05-17, 01:23
+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-17, 04:10
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-15, 00:50
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 05:09
+
Aaron T. Myers 2013-05-14, 21:39
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-05-14, 18:08
+
Arun C Murthy 2013-05-14, 18:12
Re: [RESULT] Release plan for Hadoop 2.0.5
A follow up question: who is willing to step up as an RM for the release? I
can reluctantly volunteer to carry on, unless someone wants to do it.

Cos

On Tue, May 14, 2013 at 10:07AM, Konstantin Shvachko wrote:
> This vote passes with
> 6 binding +1s
> 4 non-binding +1
> 4 binding -1
> 3 non-binding -1
>
> Thank you for voting,
> --Konstantin
>

> On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 12:53 PM, Konstantin Shvachko
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
> > Please vote on the following plan for Hadoop release 2.0.5
> > - bug fixes encountered in current release 2.0.4-alpha
> > - make all API changes to allow freezing them post 2.0.5
> > - no new features
> >
> > As discussed on @dev thread
> > http://s.apache.org/fs
> > this will allow to stabilize 2.0 branch in a short and predictable period
> > of time.
> > This enables a powerful option to have the release tested at Yahoo scale.
> > The plan is to follow up with 2.1.0 - the stable release.
> > New features can and should be added on top of the stable release once it
> > is out.
> >
> > Hadoop by-laws:
> > http://hadoop.apache.org/bylaws.html
> >
> > "Release Plan
> > Defines the timetable and actions for a release. The plan also nominates a
> > Release Manager.
> > Lazy majority of active committers"
> >
> > assume nomination of a Release Manager with the plan.
> > It would be really good if Arun continues if this plan is adopted.
> > We can return to the RM topic if not.
> >
> > The vote will run for 7 days until next Wed, May 8th.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > --Konstantin

+
Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-05-14, 20:15
+
Konstantin Shvachko 2013-05-15, 04:42
+
Steve Loughran 2013-05-15, 06:09