HBase >> mail # user >> HBase Client.

+
Pradeep Kumar Mantha 2013-03-20, 06:25
+
Viral Bajaria 2013-03-20, 07:00
+
Vivek Mishra 2013-03-20, 09:49
Re: HBase Client.
Pradeep -

One more to add to your list of clients is Phoenix:

https://github.com/forcedotcom/phoenix

It's a "SQL skin", built on top of the standard Java client with various optimizations; it exposes HBase via a standard JDBC interface, and thus might let you easily plug into other tools for testing performance.

Ian

On Mar 20, 2013, at 4:49 AM, Vivek Mishra wrote:

I have used Kundera, persistence overhead on HBase API is minimal considering feature set available for use within Kundera.

-Vivek
From: Viral Bajaria [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: 20 March 2013 12:30
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: HBase Client.

Most of the clients listed below are language specific, so if your
benchmarking scripts are written in JAVA, you are better off running the
java client.
HBase Shell is more for running something interactive, not sure how you
plan to benchmark that.
REST is something that you could use, but I can't comment on it's
performance since I have
HappyBase is for python.
Kundera, can't comment since I have not used it.

You can look at AsyncHBase, if you don't mind wrapping your head around it.
But it's a bigger rewrite since the API is not compatible with existing
client.

On Tue, Mar 19, 2013 at 11:25 PM, Pradeep Kumar Mantha <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>