Hive >> mail # dev >> Hive 896, Windowing and Table Functions: merging ptf-windowing into trunk

Hive 896, Windowing and Table Functions: merging ptf-windowing into trunk
Hi,

Just uploaded a patch for HIVE 896. This is for Windowing and Partitioned Table Function support in HQL.
The Windowing support is inline with the SQL Standard. See HIVE 4197 for details. We have over
100 tests for Windowing and about 50 tests for PTFs. The work done can be guaged by the Jiras in the PTF-Windowing
component. Just ran the entire testsuite, all tests pass.

Given that a branch for hive 0.11 is being planned soon I would like to propose merging the ptf-windowing
branch to trunk now. So that this feature can be made available in hive 0.11.

regards,
Harish Butani