Hadoop >> mail # user >> How do I add Hadoop dependency to a Maven project?

Re: How do I add Hadoop dependency to a Maven project?
There is a reason I capitalized WILL (SHALL) :)  The current trunk
mapreduce code is influx. Once mr2 (MAPREDUCE-279) is merged into
trunk (soon!). We'll be producing hadoop-mapreduce-0.23.0-SNAPSHOT,
which depends on hadoop-hdfs-0.23.0-SNAPSHOT, which depends on
hadoop-common-0.23.0-SNAPSHOT.

If you just want to play with the "new" API, you can use the
0.22.0-SNAPSHOT artifacts. 0.23.0 is supposedly source compatible with
previous hadoop versions including 0.20.x (for legacy API).