HBase >> mail # user >> Allocating more heap for endpoint coprocessors

+
Young Kim 2012-08-30, 20:45
Re: Allocating more heap for endpoint coprocessors
Endpoint coprocessors are loaded and run within the HBase RegionServer
process.  Your endpoint coprocessors will be running on the region
servers hosting the regions for the table(s) on which the coprocessor
is configured.

So the way to allocate more memory is by setting either HBASE_HEAPSIZE
or setting the max heap in HBASE_REGIONSERVER_OPTS in hbase-env.sh on
the region server.

Note that a separate coprocessor instance is loaded for each table
region, so, say you want to allocate 10MB for your coprocessor, but
each region server hosts 20 regions, you would want to increase the
heap size by 200MB (20x10MB).

--gh

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 1:45 PM, Young Kim <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We have some memory intensive endpoint coprocessors running on our RegionServers. As a result, we want to allocate more heap for the coprocessors, but there doesn't seem to be much documentation on which Hbase processes are directly responsible for coprocessors. Does anyone happen to know or direct me to some resource that does?
>
> Thanks,
> Young Kim

+
lars hofhansl 2012-08-30, 21:34
+
Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan 2012-08-31, 04:59
+
lars hofhansl 2012-08-31, 05:04
+
Gary Helmling 2012-08-31, 15:59