Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: M/R job to a cluster?

Re: M/R job to a cluster?
This is one of the reasons we set up edge nodes in the cluster. This is a node where Hadoop is loaded yet none of the Hadoop services are running . This allows jobs to automatically pick up the right Hadoop configuration from the node and point to the right cluster.

The edge nodes are used for staging jobs and data import in to the cluster. Maybe run he MySQL data store there and also hive and pig jobs....

HTH

Mike Segel