HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: HDFS Installation / Configuration

Re: HDFS Installation / Configuration
Hi Yuvrajsinh,

        There is absolutely nothing to be sorry for. Have you added
thee following properties in your 'hdfs-site.xml' file ??
- dfs.name.dir
- dfs.data.dir

By default the values of these properties is the /tmp directoy. It is
advisable to create 2 directories on your local FS and assign the
complete paths of these directories as the values of above specified
properties. And these are the locations where your metadata and actual
data will be stored. (Another important reason to set these properties
is that, on each restart the /tmp directory is emptied and all the
data and Hdfs namespace info will be lost). Hope this helps.

Regards,
    Mohammad Tariq