Hive >> mail # dev >> Re: Question - why are there instances of org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils and WordUtils bundled in hive?

Re: Question - why are there instances of org.apache.commons.lang.StringUtils and WordUtils bundled in hive?
Hive-exec isn't meant for external usage. It is the bundled jar of Hive's
runtime dependencies that are required for Hive's MapReduce tasks. It
consists of :

hive-common
hive-ql
hive-serde