Hadoop >> mail # general >> Namenode with External Storage?

Re: Namenode with External Storage?

On Oct 22, 2009, at 9:37 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As with Dhruba's comment, so long as it is just the namenode that is
> running on a networked file system everything should be chill. The
> namenode
> keeps all of its working metadata in main mem, and it only
> occasionally
> pushes a log file out to hard storage (and if I remember correctly
> you can
> adjust this time window in one of the site files).

Actually it pushes out the update logs on each and every update
synchronously.
The checkpoint however is pushed out periodically.

Also, at yahoo, we push out NN state to multiple disks and one of the
"disks" is a nfs filer. This is configurable.

sanjay