Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Accumulo Hive Storage Handler

+
Brian Femiano 2013-05-04, 03:30
Re: Accumulo Hive Storage Handler
Hey Brian,

This is pretty cool.  Just out of curiosity do you have any performance
numbers for this compared to Hive over files or other datastores?  I am
curious how much the iterators speed things with Predicate pushdowns.

Thanks,

--Jason

On Fri, May 3, 2013 at 11:30 PM, Brian Femiano <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Use Hive to directly and efficiently query data stored in Accumulo tables.
>
> See the Getting Started Guide and required AUX_JARS list. The homepage also
> lists the current limitations.
>
> I've submitted a patch ACCUMULO-143 to get this directly into Accumulo
> trunk, but for now people can experiment with it at:
> https://github.com/bfemiano/accumulo-hive-storage-manager.
>
> The CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE keywords allows Hive to create a metastore entry
> for the Accumulo table, which 'theoretically' suggests you could use
> Cloudera Impala directly with Accumulo. I have not tested this though.

+
Brian Femiano 2013-05-04, 19:42