Flume, mail # user - Data in File-channel  data folder

+
Madhu Gmail 2013-04-11, 16:52
+
Madhu Gmail 2013-04-11, 19:13
+
Hari Shreedharan 2013-04-11, 19:57
Re: Data in File-channel data folder
Madhu Gmail 2013-04-11, 20:11
Thank you Hari.

This is very useful information.

Let me try that scenario where I will send more data to create log-3.

Thanks

Madhu  Munagala
On Apr 11, 2013, at 2:57 PM, Hari Shreedharan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The File Channel deletes the files from which all events have been removed at the time of a checkpoint. But, the channel will keep 2 log files per data directory even if all its events are taken out. Once all events from log-1, log-2 are taken out and then events get written to log-3, log-1 will be deleted at the next checkpoint. Unless a log-3 is created, both log-1 and log-2 will not be deleted.
>

> Hari
>
> --
> Hari Shreedharan
>
> On Thursday, April 11, 2013 at 12:13 PM, Madhu Gmail wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I have not heard from anyone. so just want make sure I have explained the issue correctly.
>>
>> I think this is a common problem for everyone who uses it flume.
>>
>> when flume sink consumes the log event from file channel, what will happen to the data that is committed to local disk under data directory.
>>
>> will it grow indefinitely like log-1, log-2, log-3.....and so on ???
>>
>> do I have to write script to remove the data from data directory ??
>>

>> Madhu Munagala
>> (214)679-2872
>>
>> On Apr 11, 2013, at 11:52 AM, Madhu Gmail <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> How to clean up the data in file channel data folder. After the log events are processed by the sink, I still see the log-1 and log-2 shows 1.6GB and 1.2GB.
>>>
>>> once the log events are processed by the sink, the channel should not have any data in data directory under file-channel ....??
>>>

>>> Madhu Munagala
>>> (214)679-2872

+
Mike Keane 2013-04-11, 20:08