HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: MiniDFSCluster setup

+
Karim Awara 2013-12-15, 16:56
Re: MiniDFSCluster setup
You can use the following command to generate .project files for Eclipse
(at the root of your workspace):
mvn clean package -DskipTests eclipse:eclipse

When you import hadoop, call sub-projects would be imported.

I was able to run TestWriteRead in Eclipse successfully.

Cheers
On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 4:56 PM, Karim Awara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Running the test from Maven through commandline works fine. But  I am
> using eclipse. And it generates problem if I try to run the test as Junit,
> as if eclipse is not aware of any of the conf parameters or args. Can
> someone point to me a detailed source where it explains how to run Junit
> through Eclipse for hadoop 2.2.x?
>

> --
> Best Regards,
> Karim Ahmed Awara
>

> On Sun, Dec 15, 2013 at 2:55 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> If you search under hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/test, you would
>> see a lot of tests which use MiniDFSCluster
>> e.g.
>>     cluster = new MiniDFSCluster.Builder(conf).numDataNodes(3).build();
>>
>> hadoop-hdfs-project/hadoop-hdfs/src/test//java/org/apache/hadoop/hdfs/TestWriteRead.java
>>
>> Cheers
>>

>> On Sat, Dec 14, 2013 at 2:43 PM, Karim Awara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I read I can use MiniDFSCluster to set my own tests in case I modify
>>> hadop source code. I have built hadoop 2.2. However, I can't find any
>>> source on how to get the MiniDFSCluster working. Can someone point a link
>>> to me that helps?
>>>
>>> --
>>> Best Regards,
>>> Karim Ahmed Awara
>>>
>>> ------------------------------
>>> This message and its contents, including attachments are intended solely
>>> for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have
>>> received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete
>>> this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or
>>> distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing
>>> this email.

> This message and its contents, including attachments are intended solely
> for the original recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or have
> received this message in error, please notify me immediately and delete
> this message from your computer system. Any unauthorized use or
> distribution is prohibited. Please consider the environment before printing
> this email.

+
Karim Awara 2013-12-16, 10:33