HBase >> mail # user >> hbase-0.89/trunk: org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumException: Checksum error

Re: hbase-0.89/trunk: org.apache.hadoop.fs.ChecksumException: Checksum error
2010/9/22 Ryan Rawson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> why are you using such expensive disks?  raid + hdfs = lower
> performance than non-raid.

It was database server, before we migrate to hbase. It was designed
for postgresql. Now with compression and hbase nature our database
is 12Gb instead of 180GB in pg.
So this server was not designed for hbase.
In production (0.20.6) we much lighter servers (3) with simle dual
sata drives.

> how's your ram?  hows your network switches?  NICs?  etc etc.
> anything along the data path can introduce errors.

no. all things on one machined. 17Gb ram (5GB hbase)

> in this case we did the right thing and threw exceptions, but looks
> like your client continues to call next() despite getting
> exceptions... can you check your client code to verify this?

hm. i check. but i use only simple wrapper around ResultScanner
http://pastebin.org/1074628. It should bail out on exception (except
ScannerTimeoutException)