Flume, mail # user - seeking help on flume cluster deployment

Re: seeking help on flume cluster deployment
Chen Wang 2014-01-10, 06:09
Ashish,
Interesting enough, i was initially doing 1 too, and had a working version.
But finally I give it up because in my bolt i have to flush to hdfs either
when data reaching certain size or a timer times out, which is exactly what
flume can offer. Also it has some complexity of grouping entries within the
same partition while with flume it is a piece of cake.

Thank you so much for all you guys's input. It helped me a lot !
Chen