Accumulo >> mail # user >> Accumulo Map Reduce is not distributed

+
Cornish, Duane C. 2012-11-02, 20:53
+
John Vines 2012-11-02, 21:04
+
Cornish, Duane C. 2012-11-02, 21:21
+
William Slacum 2012-11-03, 00:48
+
David Medinets 2012-11-03, 03:49
+
Cornish, Duane C. 2012-11-05, 13:56
+
John Vines 2012-11-05, 14:13
+
Billie Rinaldi 2012-11-05, 14:40
+
Cornish, Duane C. 2012-11-05, 14:46
+
Billie Rinaldi 2012-11-05, 15:03
+
Cornish, Duane C. 2012-11-05, 16:54
Re: Accumulo Map Reduce is not distributed
Duane,
  I've run into a similar issue before: jobs were always being run locally and not being submitted to the job tracker. The fix in our case was to make sure that we explicitly added the mapred-site.xml file to the configuration object before creating the job. Something like:

conf.addResource(new Path(<path_to_mapred-site.xml>));

-Krishmin
On Nov 5, 2012, at 11:54 AM, Cornish, Duane C. wrote:

> Billie,
>
> Thanks for the advice.  I have had those variables set correctly in accumulo-env.sh.  I’ve been using this cloud for a couple months with no problems (I was not running map reduce jobs on it though).  I also just checked and re-exported those environment variables right before I run my Accumulo MR job.  I tried outputting the environment variables from within my job class and they resolve correctly.
>
> Does it matter that I am using Accumulo version 1.4.1 and hadoop 1.0.3?  I know that Accumulo 1.4.1 was tested with hadoop 0.20.2.
>
> Any further guidance would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Duane

+
Billie Rinaldi 2012-11-05, 17:18
+