HBase >> mail # user >> Failed to start master with HBase 0.94.2 on Hadoop 1.0.4

Re: Failed to start master with HBase 0.94.2 on Hadoop 1.0.4

You don�t have to disable firewall, just enable the required ports for
Hadoop and HBase:
All ports for Hadoop 1.0.4:
  NameNode RPC Server 8020
  JobTracker RPC Server 8021
  RPC Service 50020
  TCP/IP Server for block tranfers 50010
  NameNode HTTP Service 50070
  DataNode HTTP Service 50075
  JobTracker HTTP Service 50030
  TaskTracker HTTP Service 50060
  Secondary NameNode HTTP Service 50090

All ports for HBase:
HBase Master RPC Service 60000
HBase Master HTTP Service 60010
Region Server RPC Service 60020
Region Server HTTP Service 60030
On 11/05/2012 11:38 PM, yiyu jia wrote:
> After disable iptables service on my CentOS 6.3 machine, HBase master
> starts up. This is strange as I open all ports number i can find in cfg
> file and log files already.
>
> anybody has a list of port number, which should be opened through firewall?
>

> On Mon, Nov 5, 2012 at 11:16 PM, yiyu jia <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I try to start HBase in a distribute model. But, I am failure with the
>> following error mssae. Anybody here has hint to solve this issue? thanks in
>> advance!
>>
>> Yiyu
>>

>> 2012-11-05 23:10:21,217 ERROR
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine: Failed to start master
>> java.lang.RuntimeException: HMaster Aborted
>>   at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.startMaster(HMasterCommandLine.java:154)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMasterCommandLine.run(HMasterCommandLine.java:103)
>>   at org.apache.hadoop.util.ToolRunner.run(ToolRunner.java:65)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.ServerCommandLine.doMain(ServerCommandLine.java:76)
>>   at org.apache.hadoop.hbase.master.HMaster.main(HMaster.java:1806)
>> 2012-11-05 23:10:21,221 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.DFSClient: Exception
>> closing file /hbase-hadoopuser/hbase/hbase.version :
>> org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RemoteException: java.io.IOException: File
>> /hbase-hadoopuser/hbase/hbase.version could only be replicated to 0 nodes,
>> instead of 1
>>   at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem.getAdditionalBlock(FSNamesystem.java:1558)
>> at
>> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode.addBlock(NameNode.java:696)
>>   at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor3.invoke(Unknown Source)
>> at
>>   at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:616)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.RPC$Server.call(RPC.java:563)
>>   at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1388)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler$1.run(Server.java:1384)
>>   at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
>> at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:416)
>>   at
>> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1121)
>> at org.apache.hadoop.ipc.Server$Handler.run(Server.java:1382)
>>

>> My hbase-site.xml :
>>
>> <?xml version="1.0"?>
>> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="configuration.xsl"?>
>> <!--
>> /**
>>   * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
>>   * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
>>   * distributed with this work for additional information
>>   * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
>>   * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
> [...]
Marcos Luis Ort�z Valmaseda

http://www.uci.cu
http://www.facebook.com/universidad.uci