Flume >> mail # user >> Runtime reconfiguration

+
Simon Monecke 2012-11-29, 08:43
Re: Runtime reconfiguration
Hi Simon,

Assuming you are using flume ng you can just modify the config add another
collector and save the file. No need for a restart. The agent will check in
periodically for changes. AFAIK every 30 seconds.

-Jeff
On Thu, Nov 29, 2012 at 12:43 AM, Simon Monecke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> Hi,
>
> i want to use flume in my logging-system:
>
> log4j->flume-Agent-> |
> log4j->flume-Agent-> |->flume-collector->elasticsearch-node
> log4j->flume-Agent-> |->flume-collector->elasticsearch-node
> log4j->flume-Agent-> |
>
> in this case using the load balancing sink processor is no problem. But
> now i want to increase the number of server nodes (flume-collector->
> elasticsearch-node). How can i tell my clients there is a new server? i
> think i have to reconfigure my load balancing sink processor, but i can't
> restart the client flume agent, because i would lose messages.
> And i use the log4j 2 embedded flume appender. i cant restart the whole
> application
>
> Has anybody a solution? :/
>
> Regards,
> Simon

+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-12-04, 08:16