Hi Folks,

Lots of good points raised here.  I remain convinced that the time to split Hadoop into TLPs in here, but I think we should also consider the practical concerns raised.

Hadoop 2.0 has been years of work in the making and is finally relatively close.  I think it would be a mistake to throw another impediment in the way of getting a stable version of 2.0 done, as many folks have pointed out.  So I'd suggest that we plan to do a split once there is a broad consensus that 2.0 is stable and widely deployed.

Perhaps folks interested in planning a split or concerned that a split might impact them can meet to refine a proposal that we can all consider implementing once 2.0 is stable.

What do folks think?

Thanks,

E14