MapReduce >> mail # user >> task jvm bootstrapping via distributed cache

+
Stan Rosenberg 2012-07-30, 22:23
+
Stan Rosenberg 2012-07-31, 15:55
+
Arun C Murthy 2012-08-03, 06:39
+
Stan Rosenberg 2012-08-03, 16:32
+
Harsh J 2012-08-03, 17:31
Re: task jvm bootstrapping via distributed cache
On Fri, Aug 3, 2012 at 1:31 PM, Harsh J <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What this would do is merely take your passed -files jar (client-common) and
> symlink it into the JVM's working directory (the task's working directory)
> _before_ the JVM is begun, as "foo.jar". So if I pass additionally, JVM opts
> that refer to this foo.jar under ./, then it would work as you expect it to,
> as the JVM is begun from that directory (its CWD).

The fact that jvm is executed relative to task's cwd completely
escaped me :) Thanks for the clarification! It should definitely work.
+
Stan Rosenberg 2013-01-17, 19:32
+
Stan Rosenberg 2013-01-18, 01:28