Flume >> mail # user >> Running multiple flume versions on the same box

+
Rahul Ravindran 2012-11-21, 19:23
+
Camp, Roy 2012-11-21, 21:29
+
Roshan Naik 2012-11-21, 22:21
Re: Running multiple flume versions on the same box
There are no system level singletons or hard-coded file paths or ports if
that is what you mean.

But in a production scenario, Flume should be resilient to failures since
it will just buffer events in the channel at each agent. So why run
simultaneous versions when doing minor version upgrades? (I can understand
in an OG -> NG migration) If there is a problem just take it down and roll
back; the rest of the system should be fine if you have done sufficient
capacity planning (with channel sizes) and configuration to tolerate
downtime - which I'd strongly recommend.

At the end of the day, it's always best to test new versions in staging any
time you do a software upgrade, including with Flume.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Mike
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:29 PM, Camp, Roy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  We did this when upgrading from 0.9x to FlumeNG 1.3-SNAPSHOT.  Used
> different ports and different logging/data directories.  Worked great.****
>
> ** **
>
> Roy****
>
> ** **