HDFS >> mail # user >> Question related to resource allocation in Yarn!

+
Rahul Bhattacharjee 2013-09-05, 15:03
Re: Question related to resource allocation in Yarn!
I could progress a bit on this.

I was not setting responseId while asking for containers.

Still I have one question as why I am only been allocated two containers
whereas node manager can run more containers.

Response while registering the application master -
AM registration response minimumCapability {, memory: 1024, virtual_cores:
1, }, maximumCapability {, memory: 8192, virtual_cores: 32, },

Thanks,
Rahul
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 8:33 PM, Rahul Bhattacharjee <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am trying to make a small poc on top of yarn.
>
> Within the launched application master , I am trying to request for 50
> containers and launch  a same task on those allocated containers.
>
> My config : AM registration response minimumCapability {, memory: 1024,
> virtual_cores: 1, }, maximumCapability {, memory: 8192, virtual_cores: 32,
> },
>
> 1) I am asking for 1G mem and 1 core container to the RM. Ideally the RM
> should return me 6 - 7 containers , but the response always returns with
> only 2 containers.
>
> Why is that ?
>
> 2) So , when in the first ask 2 containers are returned , then I again
> required the RM for 50 - 2 = 48 containers. I keep getting 0 containers ,
> even if the previously started containers have finished.
>
> Why is that ?
>
> Any link explaining the allocate request of RM would be very helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Rahul

+
Devaraj k 2013-09-06, 05:01