Hadoop >> mail # dev >> Re: Heads up: branch-2.1-beta

Re: Heads up: branch-2.1-beta
Following is a revisited assessment of JIRAs I would like to get in the 2.1
release:

>From the 1st group I think all 3 should make.

>From the 2nd group I think YARN-791 should make it for sure and ideally
MAPREDUCE-5130.

>From the 3rd group, I don't think this JIRA will make it.

>From the 4th group, we don't need to worry about this or 2.1

Thanks

Alejandro

JIRAs that are in shape to make it to 2.1

* YARN-752: In AMRMClient, automatically add corresponding rack requests
for requested nodes

impact: behavior change

status: patch avail, +1ed.

* MAPREDUCE-5171: Expose blacklisted nodes from the MR AM REST API

impact: Addition to MRAM HTTP API

status: patch avail, +1ed, needs to be committed

* YARN-787: Remove resource min from Yarn client API

impact: Yarn client API change

status: patch avail, needs to be reviewed. (the calculation of slot-millis
is not affected, the MIN is taken from conf for now)

JIRAs that require minor work to make it to 2.1

* YARN-521: Augment AM - RM client module to be able to request containers
only at specific locations

impact: AMRM client API change

status: patch not avail yet (requires YARN-752)

* YARN-791: Ensure that RM RPC APIs that return nodes are consistent with
/nodes REST API

impact: Yarn client API & proto change

status: patch avail, review in progress

* MAPREDUCE-5130: Add missing job config options to mapred-default.xml

impact: behavior change

status: patch avail but some tests are failing

JIRAs that require significant work to make it to 2.1 and may not make it

* YARN-649: Make container logs available over HTTP in plain text

impact: Addition to NM HTTP REST API. Needed for MAPREDUCE-4362 (which does
not change API)

status: patch avail, review in progress

JIRAs that don't need to make it to 2.1

* MAPREDUCE-5311: Remove slot millis computation logic and deprecate
counter constants

impact: behavior change

status: per discussion we should first add memory-millis and vcores-millis

--
Alejandro