Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0

+
Keith Turner 2013-06-03, 22:05
+
Adam Fuchs 2013-06-03, 21:49
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:10
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:23
+
Sean Busbey 2013-06-03, 22:31
+
Christopher 2013-06-03, 22:39
+
William Slacum 2013-06-03, 22:31
+
Keith Turner 2013-06-03, 22:22
Re: [VOTE] JDK 1.7 - Switch for Accumulo 1.6.0
I forgot to mention this, but this vote will be held open for 72
hours. Since I forgot to mention this right away, consider the clock
starting now.
I'll consider the vote as having passed with a majority of voters
approving (vs. unanimous), since I don't think negative votes will be
reconcilable through further discussion, and because I want this
question resolved as quickly as possible at the beginning of the
development cycle, rather than half-way through.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 4:51 PM, Christopher <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Given all the previous discussions about this, and assuming all points
> and counterpoints have already been sufficiently enumerated, I'd like
> to put it to a vote, explicitly:
>
> Should we switch to JDK 1.7 for Accumulo 1.6.0, to take advantage of
> newer features (ACCUMULO-905), or should we continue to require that
> Accumulo 1.6.0 run on JRE 1.6?
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii