MapReduce >> mail # user >> Why they recommend this (CPU) ?

Re: Why they recommend this (CPU) ?
If you look at comparable Intel parts:

Intel E5-2640
6 cores @ 2.5 Ghz
95W - $885

Intel E5-2650
8 cores @ 2.0 Ghz
95W - $1107

So, for $400 more on a dual proc system -- which really isn't much -- you
get 2 more cores for a 20% drop in speed. I can believe that for some
scenarios, the faster cores would fare better. Gzip compression is one that
comes to mind, where you are aggressively trading CPU for lower storage
volume and IO. An HBase cluster is another example.