HBase, mail # dev - Commit Log format

Commit Log format
Nicolas Spiegelberg 2011-11-01, 22:20
Committer questions.  I accidentally checked in some changes to HBase
trunk with the Phabricator checkin format.  I used svn propedit to correct
the log comments, so everything should look correct.  However, this raised
a couple questions about committing code to HBase.

1.  I know the required format is "HBASE-##### Title".  Is anything else
allowed?  Would including Phabricator comment mess up existing scripts?
I'm assuming people are running something just slightly more complicated
than "svn log|grep ^HBASE".
  2.  Is there a reason why our CHANGES.txt isn't automated?  This is
kinda a pain to keep updated, especially for something that we could just
run "svn log|grep ^HBASE" on right before release.  I know that HIVE
changelog is auto-generated.  I'm assuming most other projects do this as
well.