Zookeeper >> mail # user >> zookeeper ephemeral node expired time not accurate

Re: zookeeper ephemeral node expired time not accurate
The client sends heart-beats to the server.  When the time since the last
heartbeat is long enough, the server deems the client to have failed or
been partitioned away from the cluster.

If you have heartbeats every 5s and an session expiration time of 10s, then
if you kill the connection just before the next heartbeat, the server would
be justified in expiring the session 5+epsilon seconds after the connection
is lost.

You can configure heartbeats to occur more often if you want.