MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hadoop Metrics Issue in ganglia.

+
orahad bigdata 2013-09-10, 20:39
+
orahad bigdata 2013-09-11, 18:22
+
Chris Embree 2013-09-11, 18:40
Re: Hadoop Metrics Issue in ganglia.
Check firewall and /etc/hosts also make sure hosts lines up with result of hostname -f command. Both hostname -f and hosts entries should have fqdn names. I use ambari to install my cluster, including ganglia metrics and I had identical issue. Once I corrected that it started working.
Artem Ervits
Data Analyst
New York Presbyterian Hospital

----- Original Message -----
From: Chris Embree [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 02:40 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Hadoop Metrics Issue in ganglia.

Did you try ganglia forums/lists?
On 9/11/13, orahad bigdata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Can somebody help me please?
>
> Thanks
> On 9/11/13, orahad bigdata <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I'm facing an issue while showing Hadoop metrics in ganglia, Though I
>> have installed ganglia on my master/slaves nodes and I'm able to see
>> all the default metrics on ganglia UI from all the nodes but I'm not
>> able to see Hadoop metrics in metrics section.
>>
>> versions:-
>> Hadoop 1.1.1
>> ganglia  3.0.7
>>
>> hadoop-metrics2.properties -----
>>
>> dfs.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext31
>> dfs.period=10
>> dfs.servers=master:8649
>> mapred.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.ganglia.GangliaContext31
>> mapred.period=10
>> mapred.servers=master:8649
>>
>> please guide.
>>
>> Thanks

This electronic message is intended to be for the use only of the named recipient, and may contain information that is confidential or privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this message is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error or are not the named recipient, please notify us immediately by contacting the sender at the electronic mail address noted above, and delete and destroy all copies of this message.  Thank you.
+
orahad bigdata 2013-09-12, 18:55
+
orahad bigdata 2013-09-14, 19:14