HBase >> mail # dev >> Re: License compatibility?

Re: License compatibility?
X11 belongs to Category A from the Apache 3rd party licenses page:
http://www.apache.org/legal/3party.html

"Third-party works [from Category A], in both source and binary form, may
be included within Apache products.."

Thanks for trying to keep us honest JMS.
St.Ack
On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 5:59 AM, Jean-Marc Spaggiari <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is the X11 License compatible with the Apache one? I think so, but
> would like to have the confirmation. There is a peace of code under
> X11 license that I would like to bring into HBase...
>
> Can someone confirm?
>
> JM
>

> License (X11 License)
>
> Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining
> a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the
> “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including
> without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish,
> distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to
> permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to
> the following conditions:
>
> The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be
> included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
>
> THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND,
> EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF
> MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
> IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY
> CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT,
> TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE
> SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-06-25, 21:56