HBase >> mail # user >> Re: Secondary indexes suggestions

+
lars hofhansl 2012-08-15, 00:08
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-15, 01:59
+
Michael Segel 2012-08-15, 02:38
+
Andrew Purtell 2012-08-15, 02:49
Re: Secondary indexes suggestions
Perhaps not dismissive but more focused on indexing at the region.
And it wasn't just you, but also Lars.

Also don't read in to what I am saying as an argument. Its not. ;-P

I think the issue is how to approach the problem.
On Aug 14, 2012, at 9:49 PM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 7:38 PM, Michael Segel
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> I think you need to think outside of the box...
>> But I think you've been too dismissive of looking at the index at the table level and not at the region level.
>
> I'd be interested if you can point out exactly where I dismissed
> something, as in "this is not a good idea..." or "this is wrong..." or
> any other explicit statement. Otherwise, you are reading in something
> as implicit that isn't there. I contributed a few thoughts on the
> subject as opposed to writing a treatise. Why does this have to be an
> argument instead of a discussion?
>
> But if you don't mind I'm not going to look at this thread further.
>
> Best regards,
>
>   - Andy

> Hein (via Tom White)

+