Flume, mail # dev - Flume Question

Re: Flume Question
Denny Ye 2013-02-14, 03:46
hi Rao,
   I met same problem what you mentioned above. Also I don't know if there
have existing solution, following existing sources, I cann't find out
anyone can resolve.
   I have used custom 'tail' tool as independent component, interactive
with local Flume server by Avro RPC. This tail tool can transfer effective
elements such as file name, created time, and so on. Also it can record the
pointer to un-read lines to protect failure from process or server crash.
Local Flume server located near by that component to store messages, taking
responsibility for network issue between local and central Flume
(collector).
    Yes, this is extensional component, not the original. Much better if
someone can provide more simple solution for us, very well.
    Thanks a lot!
-Regards