Avro >> mail # user >> genavro and maven best practices

+
Ran Tavory 2010-07-08, 19:34
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-07-08, 21:11
+
Patrick Hunt 2010-07-08, 22:05
Re: genavro and maven best practices
Hey Patrick,

Great. Ran, perhaps you could tackle 159 and add Avro IDL to its scope?

Later,
Jeff

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 3:05 PM, Patrick Hunt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Jeff, Sam Pullara recently updated my Maven plugin from the Avro quickstart
> but I haven't had a chance yet to incorporate the changes. Also there is a
> long standing Avro JIRA to get my plugin into contrib, it got stalled out
> though trying to figure out how to make this work with Avro's ant build:

> Patrick
>

> On 07/08/2010 02:11 PM, Jeff Hammerbacher wrote:
>
>> Hey Ran,
>>
>> Great to hear you're experimenting with Avro! I'm not aware of the Maven
>> plugin you describe having been coded up yet, but we would certainly
>> appreciate the contribution. Feel free to file a JIRA (and perhaps all
>> of these Maven plugins should be distributed with Avro?).
>>
>> Lastly, as an FYI, genavro has been renamed to Avro IDL for the 1.4.0
>> release.
>>
>> Later,
>> Jeff
>>
>> On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 12:34 PM, Ran Tavory <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
>> <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
>>
>>    I'd like to experiment with avro and my team uses maven.
>>    Is there a genavro plugin for maven?
>>    I already have the plugin from
>>    http://github.com/phunt/avro-rpc-quickstart and
>>    http://github.com/phunt/avro-maven-plugin configured, so I can
>>    compile an avpr to java source and then to classes, but I was
>>    wondering if folks on this list can recommend other mvn avro related
>>    tips. For example I'd like to be able to compile a genavro file to
>>    avpr and then to class.
>>
>>    Thanks

+
Ran Tavory 2010-07-15, 08:11