HBase, mail # dev - Recording test results ERROR: Failed to archive test

+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-04-08, 15:19
+
Stack 2013-04-08, 15:26
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-04-08, 15:29
+
Stack 2013-04-08, 17:32
+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-04-08, 17:40
+
Stack 2013-04-08, 19:02
Re: Recording test results ERROR: Failed to archive test
Stack 2013-04-08, 19:04
Just saying, 3.4G to run tests is also obnoxious.  We need to fix this
too.....
St.Ack
On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 12:02 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, Apr 8, 2013 at 10:40 AM, Nicolas Liochon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> It seems random, but frequent:
>> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/5181/console
>> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/5182/console
>> https://builds.apache.org/job/PreCommit-HBASE-Build/5184/console
>>
>> In 4955, I have errors related to maven (it seems the last version of
>> surefire uses more memory than before), so increasing the memory for maven
>> will be useful anyway I think. But as we use a 32bits jvm on hadoop*, the
>> limit is likely around 3.5Gb..
>>
>> Cheers,
>>

> I looked at first job.  We have tests writing 10M of logs which is totally
> obnoxious but probably not the root of this jenkins memory issue:
>

> durruti:trunk stack$ find . -size +10M
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestAdmin-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestCloneSnapshotFromClient-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestFromClientSide-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestFromClientSide3-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestMultiParallel-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.client.TestRestoreSnapshotFromClient-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.TestEndToEndSplitTransaction-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.TestHLogSplit-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.regionserver.wal.TestHLogSplitCompressed-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.snapshot.TestFlushSnapshotFromClient-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.TestAcidGuarantees-output.txt
>
> ./hbase-server/target/surefire-reports/org.apache.hadoop.hbase.util.TestHBaseFsck-output.txt
>
> Let me mess w/ upping the maven size but yeah, not sure how to get us more
> jenkins memory.  Is it always on same machines that we fail?
> St.Ack

+
Nicolas Liochon 2013-04-08, 19:14
+