Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Request for mentor for project on ACCUMULO-1197

+
Ajay Bhat 2013-07-11, 00:41
+
Keith Turner 2013-07-11, 13:57
+
Ajay Bhat 2013-07-11, 15:47
+
Keith Turner 2013-07-13, 00:52
+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-07-15, 23:18
+
German Gutierrez 2013-07-16, 03:16
+
Sreejith Ramakrishnan 2013-07-16, 18:34
+
Sreejith Ramakrishnan 2013-07-17, 11:32
Re: Request for mentor for project on ACCUMULO-1197
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Sreejith Ramakrishnan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wouldn't modifying HDFS in any way mean forking the project? Wouldn't that
> have problems in the long run?

Forking HDFS is not the way to go.  Getting your ideas and patches accepted
by HDFS is the way to go.

> On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 12:04 AM, Sreejith Ramakrishnan <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hey,
> >
> > I have an idea to tackle this Jira. I've read the dapper paper and
> > currently examining the work done in thrift. Shall I make a detailed post
> > here?
> >
> > I'm part of the ICFOSS Joint Mentoring Programme. So if someone can
> please
> > be my mentor, I'll be happy to work with you :)
> >
> > [1] http://community.apache.org/mentoringprogramme-icfoss-pilot.html
> >
> > Thank you,
> > Sreejith R
> >

> > On Tue, Jul 16, 2013 at 8:46 AM, German Gutierrez <
> [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> > > wrote:

> >> Cloudtrace.

> >> paper.