Accumulo, mail # dev - Request for mentor for project on ACCUMULO-1197

Re: Request for mentor for project on ACCUMULO-1197
Keith Turner 2013-07-17, 12:31
On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 7:32 AM, Sreejith Ramakrishnan <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Wouldn't modifying HDFS in any way mean forking the project? Wouldn't that
> have problems in the long run?

Forking HDFS is not the way to go.  Getting your ideas and patches accepted
by HDFS is the way to go.