Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Proposal: create a separate ZooKeeper release artifact for recipes

Re: Proposal: create a separate ZooKeeper release artifact for recipes
Some nuances.  Overall, I like the way you are working for consensus.

On Mon, Dec 5, 2011 at 3:13 PM, Jordan Zimmerman <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I see - this would be done in Ivy. OK by me.

ZK is moving to maven, I would prefer to just jump recipes to there
directly.  I can set up the project initially.

> So, to summarize, there are 3 possibilities:
>
> * Push Curator into ZooKeeper proper under a new recipes artifact. Curator
> would get n committers from Netflix with the understanding that their
> focus is on Curator

Initially, n would be a very small number (possibly even 0, but that seems
unnecessary).  The number could increase over time.
> * Start a sub-project ala BookKeeper for ZooKeeper with its own committer
> list
> * Put Curator into the Incubator and follow that road
>
> Ted (and now I) prefer the first option. I believe Patrick prefers the
> third option but would accept the second. How do the others feel?

I don't really think that we have heard from Patrick on option 1.  I think
he was thinking I was suggesting option 2 and I agree with him that is
sub-optimal.