Flume >> mail # user >> Max Event Size

+
Lichen 2012-11-23, 09:29
+
Alexander Alten-Lorenz 2012-11-23, 10:33
RE: Max Event Size
Hi Alex,

I don't see any errors/warning with DEBUG.

Here is the problem: if I tried to read a line larger than 2.5 MB and send via memory channel, the sink lost it and won't receive anything afterwards.

Here is the configuration I tried:

Source: exec. I tried both cat/tail command, and a Java program to read lines from file and print to stdout.
Channel: memory channel and file channel. I think capacity of memory channel is about the size of the queue of events, which won't affect the max size of an event.
Sink: both HDFS and Fill-Roll. They are able to receive short events before large events come.

Can you suggest what to configure? I'm using Flume 1.2.

Thanks,

Kevin