HBase >> mail # user >> Disabled automated compaction - table still compacting

Re: Disabled automated compaction - table still compacting
Hi David,

Minor compactions can be promoted to Major compactions when all the
files are selected for compaction. And the property below will not
avoid that to occur.

Section 9.7.6.5 there: http://hbase.apache.org/book/regions.arch.html

JM