Zookeeper, mail # dev - Connect Jconsole remotely to the zookeeper server

RE: Connect Jconsole remotely to the zookeeper server
Rakesh R 2012-06-24, 06:24
Thanks a lot Pat for your time and reply.

Oh! it seems  I didn't explain clearly :(

Actually I was searching to connect jconsole remotely to the zk server and I'm able to connect,  after configuring the following arguments in zkServer.sh
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=5000

As you explained, I understand "zookeeper supported in the sense that the jvm supports it"

But my use case is:
I'm having OM for managing all the processes in the cluster, he will manage my ZooKeeper cluster. Now while installing and starting zookeeper instances,  OM won't be able to configure these 'jmxremote' parameters for multiple instances as it needs to configure different jmx ports for the zk servers.

My question is, whether zookeeper should expose 'jmxremote' parameters as configurable items[one suggestion like env variable as follows]. So that OM can configure it and start multiple servers? Also application users can use these to connect to the zk server remotely.
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=$JMXPORT

-Rakesh