Pig >> mail # dev >> HBaseStorage improvements

HBaseStorage improvements
Hi,

here at postdirekt we have need for a lot more timestamp handling in
HBaseStorage then there is. We're starting on a patch to pig.

I think there are many people out there who would welcome those changes and
we are willing to pass that patch on to the community if it is desired.

So there is a short proposal here:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/PIG/HBaseStorage+Timestamp+Extensions

We're also open to other changes. So please reply.
I have a question:
HBaseStorage is getting really big and could do with splitting up into
smaller parts to make it readable again. Would this require a patch on its
own?

regards,
Christoph Bauer
+