HBase, mail # user - large machine configuration

Re: large machine configuration
Michael Segel 2012-05-11, 11:29
Funny, but this is part of a talk that I submitted to Strata....

64GB and HBase isn't necessarily a 'large machine'.

If you're running w 12 cores, you're talking about a minimum of 48GB just for M/R.
(4GB a core is a good rule of thumb )

Depending on what you want to do, you could set aside 8GB of heap and tune that, but even that might not be enough...