HBase >> mail # user >> Re: HBase - Secondary Index

+
anil gupta 2012-12-14, 08:41
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-14, 08:54
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-14, 11:34
+
anil gupta 2012-12-14, 18:01
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-17, 04:02
+
anil gupta 2012-12-18, 08:28
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-18, 09:27
+
anil gupta 2012-12-19, 08:24
+
Michel Segel 2012-12-18, 09:02
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-18, 09:35
+
anil gupta 2012-12-19, 08:39
+
Shengjie Min 2012-12-27, 11:23
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-27, 11:30
+
Shengjie Min 2012-12-27, 13:07
+
Anoop John 2012-12-27, 15:54
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2012-12-27, 16:11
+
Shengjie Min 2012-12-27, 16:29
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-28, 03:33
+
Mohit Anchlia 2012-12-28, 03:42
+
Anoop Sam John 2012-12-28, 04:14
+
Shengjie Min 2012-12-28, 10:55
+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-01-06, 20:30
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-01-07, 03:48
+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-01-07, 04:17
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-01-07, 13:49
+
Michael Segel 2013-01-08, 14:33
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-09, 00:30
+
Michel Segel 2013-01-09, 01:30
+
anil gupta 2013-01-09, 01:28
+
Anoop Sam John 2013-01-09, 03:22
+
ramkrishna vasudevan 2013-01-09, 04:11
+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-01-09, 01:50
Re: HBase - Secondary Index
I guess one reason is the the amount of data traveling. In your design, you
have to query a secondary index table, read all the matched original table
row keys, send them back to the client, and then issue a special scan that
retrieves only those row keys values. In his example, he retrieved 2% of
the data which was around 10 million records, which is around 1 GB
according his key size (800 bytes). That's a lot of bytes being transferred
and throttling your switches. In hi design you read the rowkeys locally,
thus able to apply the rest of the filters, and may eventually return just
100 key values which matches to those extra filters. Thus saving tons of
bandwidth and lots of rpc calls.
In your example, and using his design, you can treat each region as mini
table, each indexing its own data.

Having a secondary indexing solution which also supports join like any
RDBMS does as yet to be found since its fairly complex.

+
Mohit Anchlia 2013-01-06, 20:36
+
Adrien Mogenet 2013-01-06, 20:40