Accumulo, mail # dev - [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4

+
Josh Elser 2013-09-18, 02:59
Re: [VOTE] Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4
Mike Drob 2013-09-18, 03:10
Josh,

What role does this fill that the Accumulo maven plugin does not? They seem
to address similar needs and I'm worried about duplicated effort.
On Sep 17, 2013 11:00 PM, "Josh Elser" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Devs,
>
> Please consider the following candidate project as a "sister" release to
> Apache Accumulo 1.4.4: Apache Accumulo Instamo Archetype 1.4.4
>
> For those unaware, Keith started this as a pet-project on Github, but the
> two of us worked together to make a Maven archetype from it. As such, this
> archetype gives a first-time user a way to get an Accumulo MiniCluster
> instance up and running with only Java and Maven installed with examples
> that run MapReduce and the Accumulo shell against said MiniCluster.
>
> The release has been staged at https://repository.apache.org/**
> content/repositories/**orgapacheaccumulo-070/<https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-070/>using the instructions found at
> http://www.apache.org/dev/**publishing-maven-artifacts.**html<http://www.apache.org/dev/publishing-maven-artifacts.html>.
> The repository (and tag '1.4.4' which the release was built from) can be
> found at https://git-wip-us.apache.org/**repos/asf/accumulo-instamo-**
> archetype.git<https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo-instamo-archetype.git>
> .
>
> I did mess up the invocation of the maven-release-plugin when preparing
> the release which is why the tag is '1.4.4' and not '1.4.4-RC1'. I'll
> revert my mess if there are problems with this release.
>
> This vote will remain open for 72 hours. For those wondering, I also have
> a 1.5.0 release of the archetype that uses Apache Accumulo 1.5.0 ready to
> go.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Josh

+