Hive >> mail # user >> Sentry Meetup

+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2013-09-04, 22:40
+
Sanjay Subramanian 2013-09-04, 22:49
+
Shreepadma Venugopalan 2013-09-05, 00:33
Thanks I will see it in the CDH users group
Regards
sanjay

From: Shreepadma Venugopalan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Date: Wednesday, September 4, 2013 5:33 PM
To: "[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>>
Subject: Re: Sentry Meetup

Hi Sanjay,

The problems you are encountering with Sentry are due to misconfiguration.  These are not bugs. We have responded to you questions on cdh-user@.

Shreepadma
On Wed, Sep 4, 2013 at 3:49 PM, Sanjay Subramanian <[EMAIL PROTECTED]<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>> wrote:
Ahhhhhh…..why not SFO :-)

I am struggling to implement Sentry and would love some inputs
Shreepadma, thanks for all your clarifications but I am only partially done with my implementation

I have a workaround whereby I can blank out tables from "default" db of hive to all hiveserver2 JDBC users…this is not elegant but will keep my production tables secure

sanjay